Thursday, June 20, 2013

Tenth

We've spent 10 days here, and some people are definitely ready to go home. I never want to leave, but I have a few extra days anyway so I'm trying to not think about that. Today was our last company visit day!!!! Very exciting. As fun as the company visits are, I think we all prefer either being at the school with the Vietnamese students or having free time. Anyway, our first company was the Saigon Newport Corpration. We went to one of the terminals, and the size of it amazed me. there were boxes all over and boats and cars and it was really cool to see how everything was organized. We had a presentation from one of the higher-ups here, and he was a military man. One student asked if he had to train for the army to get this job, and I found it interesting to hear that he didn't, that when he was hired for the job he was automatically given the lieutenant position. I thought this was slightly unfair to all the people who train to be in the army and work for years to try to get to his ranking.
 some of the huge boxes
more huge boxes, ships in the background

After the presentation, which was probably one of the funner ones we had because out guy was so energetic, we went to this awesome lunch place. It had little huts over water, statues, and thatched roofs. It was extremely picturesque, and I took some time out of lunch to get some nice shots. After lunch, we went to Kien A Corporation as our last company visit, and they fund UEF, so I thought it would be cool to see what kind of a business could fund a school. It was kind of like a smaller scale Phu My Hung, but still had a creepy side to it, because it seemed really unpopulated. We got to go up to the penthouse though, which had cool views of the surrounding area. For dinner some of us split up. The group I was with went to a place called Zest. It was a hilarious dinner because the place was totally empty except for us, and the owners asked to take a picture of us to put on Facebook.....It was another fun day.


Some picture of the gorgeous lunch place


looking down from the penthouse
surrounding area of Kien A





No comments:

Post a Comment